Frequently Asked Questions
- Space is limited and historically this event has sold out. We recommend completing your registration today. Registration will remain open until capacity is reached.
- On the registration page, first register yourself and then on subsequent pages, you will be prompted to add additional registrants and their registration type.
- Yes, once the primary person has registered, click “add registrant” and select appropriate registrant type.
- Register all attendees in your group under one transaction.
- No, you must be registered as a Leader or Administrator.
PAYMENT VIA PURCHASE ORDER
- Select “Purchase Order” during the checkout process.
- Crescendo Education Group, LLC (note the LLC and comma after "Group")
360 Grand Avenue, Suite 71
Oakland, CA 94610
- Purchase orders should be submitted by July 19, 2022. The received purchase order is considered a binding agreement to pay within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
- Your institute package will be sent to the address that you input under shipping address during registration unless the Grading for Equity team was told otherwise.
- Be on the look-out for an email that will let you know that your package has shipped. Packages will be shipped July 18, 2022. Anyone who registers after this date will receive their institute package post event.
- Day 1 is an exploration of our own, and our nation’s, history of grading, its impact on teaching and learning and how it undermines equity, and an introduction to the Grading for Equity framework and practices that support the Accuracy Pillar.
- Day 2 builds on Day 1 and focuses on the Bias-Resistance Pillar and Motivation Pillars of the Grading for Equity framework.
- Day 3 begins to integrate the three pillars and the equitable grading practices and consider how to implement these practices in our classrooms and schools.
- Day 4 (available for Leader or Administrator registrants only) shifts our perspective to examine the challenges and possibilities of supporting teachers in this work and engaging multiple constituents.
The Institute is designed to build capacity to build understanding of the “why” and “what” of equitable grading, and to begin to learn the “how”. For teachers, it leads to the question: “What will I try in my classroom next year to make my grading more equitable?”
For those who are responsible to lead this work, the Institute will help you consider possible ways to support others in their learning about equitable grading. Just as you don’t go to a yoga retreat and then teach others to do yoga, by the end of this Institute, you are not (and should not) be expected, responsible, or even advised to be the “resident expert” and to train others to implement equitable grading. However, from this Institute you will gain greater comfort and confidence with the purpose and principles of equitable grading, and for those enrolling in the additional 4th day for leaders, you will leave with some next steps to support teachers with learning about and trying those principles and practices, as well as some communication and change management strategies.
- While we will incorporate many of the topics included in the online course, and addressed more comprehensively in the book, the Institute is designed to be an interactive learning experience that incorporates conversation, reflection, and exercises to deepen understanding of equitable grading practices and that allow for participants to engage with the work at different levels depending on their experiences and context.
- It is also an opportunity to build connections with other educators across the country--in public and independent schools, in rural, urban, and suburban schools, in K-16 contexts, and serving a wide range of students and communities--all of whom are part of an impassioned group working to make grading more equitable that you get to join. Plus, for those attending as a team from your site, it provides a shared learning experience that supports future collaboration and coordination.
DAY OF EVENT
- Attendees will gain access to the platform a few days before the Institute. An email will be sent to the email used to register that has a link to the virtual venue. We recommend using CHROME browser for an optimum experience.
- We are sorry to say that this year we are unable to distribute free access or scholarships. We appreciate the interest!