Community-based organizations play a crucial role in supporting the well-being of individuals and families. By valuing emotional resilience within both our clientele and our organizations, we deepen our capacity to support and empower communities experiencing diverse challenges and stressors.
This experiential 60-minute session aims to equip participants with an introduction to the principles of the Community Resiliency Model (CRM)®. This evidence-based approach to self-regulation offers participants tools for identifying and calming the physical symptoms of stress and trauma. Join us to experience these tools for yourself and learn how to introduce them to your clients!
This session includes
1. An overview of the full CRM® framework – a set of six easy-to-use stress management strategies that are appropriate for all ages.
- Learn how the CRM® skills work with our physiology to alleviate symptoms of stress and trauma.
- Recognize emotional regulation as a key factor in building strong, healthy communities.
- Promote self-care and emotional regulation in the workplace, especially for staff providing direct client services.
2. Skills practice with three foundational CRM® techniques: tracking, resourcing, and grounding.
- Learn practical self-awareness tools that support resilience.
- Explore how a trauma-informed application of these methods maximizes safety and support for clients.
3. A discussion of how CRM® can be applied to enhance well-being at both individual and community levels.
- Develop a shared vocabulary of resilience to promote healthy norms around well-being, stress management, and mental health.
111 W Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101